Sunday, June 3, 2012

The province of Velorenstadt

Well, it's been too long since I've posted anything.  In reality I have lots to post too.  So hopefully with a few extra hours this week I can get this thing kick-started for real.

The next army I completed was a force that could double for a Bretonnia or Empire army.  I wanted to paint the smooth surfaces of shields and heraldry as I've long been a fan of medieval history.  On to the pictures.





 The main idea behind the army is that it is situated close to Stirland (of the Empire) hence the green colors.  But since it is rarely paid attention to in the Empire it has taken up some practices of Bretonnia.  Knights are land owners and 'the Lady' is the focus of their religion.  The army still has old contraptions of the Empire as well including smaller cannons/mortars, a few handguns, and an early wooden steam-tank.
 General/Captain on Pegasus.  One of my favorite models I've ever painted.




Old Chaos Marauders filling in as Flagellants.

 Custom built wooden steam-tank.  It took me a long time to fit it together, and although it isn't the prettiest, it still gets the job done.





Thanks to Milton Bradley and Games Workshop for making the game Battle Masters...which provided most of the figures at an extremely affordable price.  I can't wait to get back to these guys and redo some of my older work.

No comments:

Post a Comment