Thursday, November 22, 2012

Clan Ever-Winter from the Chasm Glade of Beithur Seun

I finally finished my wood elves.  After being inspired by the videos of Tom Richards on youtube and with my insatiable desire to play/cheer with/for the underdog I decided that I wanted to start an army of wood elves.  When I found an amazing deal from Blue Table Painting where I could get the majority of the models (from their scrap yard) for under one hundred dollars, I put the money down.  While I almost did the army with an autumn color scheme, my wife convinced me to do winter.  In hindsight this was the smart thing to do so that I could use my Ogre Yhetees as Treekin and still maintain my theme.  I love the older (5th ed?) models, so it was fun to try and make them feel more current.  Sorry for the poor pictures.  If I can get better ones then I'll repost.


44 Glade Guard form the main battle line.  It's been really fun to learn how to maneuver units with some finesse rather than just push them forward to smash them into the enemy. 
20 Eternal Guard.  My favorite unit in the army, but rarely used since I've yet to find a way to make them effective.
8 Dryads.  Stripping these from the previous paint job was a fun learning experience.

22 Wardancers.  Enough to make 3 units of 7 with a hero option. 
6 Yhetees that fill in for Treekin.  I love having one heavy-hitting unit to protect my fragile shooty-elves.
11 Waywatchers.  I love (most of) these models.  Trying to get the camo effect on their cloaks was really fun.  Haven't tried them out yet. 

Eagles/Warhawks and Treeman.  I have a way of changing the bases for the Eagles, and I still have to get some removable riders painted up.  The Treeman was given an extra inch of leg and back branches to make him look more like a tree rather than a few stumps put together.


Heroes.  I like the sideways tree on the banner for some reason...even if it looks a little silly.
Although I have an unfinished Orion and about 18 horses and riders, I decided to stop building here, as I might want to use the horses and riders for other projects down the road.  Orion will eventually be done, most likely to be used as a Treeman Ancient.  I've also figured out a way to make the army double as a High Elf army by using the Wardancers as Swordmasters.  Almost like a High Elf army before the major split between the two groups of elves. 
This is my 6th Warhammer army.  All of them completely painted.  I only lack Dwarves in order to represent a showing of all the major fantasy races!  Next in line is some odds and ends and special projects for some of my existing armies.  Then I'll move on to my Nurgle inspired Beastmen.  Comments and criticism are welcome.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment